⚫ Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville Meeting Rooms are available to non-profit and community organizations, tutors, study groups, and individuals.
⚫ Meeting rooms may be booked up to 60 days in advance online, by phone, or in person.
⚫ Meeting rooms may be reserved for up to 3 hours.
⚫ Community Rooms 1 and 2 are for larger groups and require a minimum attendance of 8 people.
⚫ Community Library staff strive to confirm room requests within 2 business days.
⚫ Please check in and verify your reservation with Library staff upon arrival.
Please read (or review) the full meeting room policy below and acknowledge to continue making your room request.
In keeping with the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville’s mission to offer welcoming spaces for community interactions, the Library encourages use of the meeting rooms by non-profit groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. In keeping with federal, state, and local laws, meeting rooms are available to organizations and groups without regard to their religious, political, or philosophical beliefs.
The use of the Library meeting rooms is at the sole discretion of the Library Board of Trustees and/or its appointed representative(s). The Library reserves the right to refuse permission for room use or to cancel any previous permissions granted.
Please read this Library Meeting Use Policy before submitting your request to determine if your organization qualifies to use the Library’s meeting rooms. By applying for the use of a Library meeting room, the applicant and organization agree to adhere to all policies stated herein and to the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville Patron Code of Conduct.
WHO MAY USE OUR MEETING ROOMS
1. Community groups and organizations, except as described under “Fees & Charges” may utilize the Library meeting rooms. If there is a question about the group’s eligibility, the Executive Director reserves the right to review any or all requests and may require sufficient time to conduct an investigation before granting approval.
2. Community Library meeting rooms may not be used for private parties; political campaigning; religious services; music rehearsals or practice (except in the instance of guest performers practicing before a library event), or; non-library sponsored musical performances.
LEGAL MATTERS & LIABILITY
1. The applicant and organization accept full responsibility for the requested room use and must comply with all regulations governing use. By applying for use of the meeting rooms, the applicant and organization agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville, the Library Board of Trustees, and Library staff from and against any and all claims of injury, death, and/or property loss or damage arising from any condition of the premises, or any acts or omissions of the applicant and/or organization or others in
connection with the event and to pay legal expenses and all other expenses of the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville, the Library Board of Trustees, and Library staff in connection with the investigation and legal defense against said claims.
2. The Library is not responsible for authenticating the information provided by individuals and/or organizations requesting use of the Library’s meeting rooms.
3. Requesting individual(s) and sponsoring organization(s) agree to supervise all persons upon the premises to ensure that none engage in unlawful or improper conduct or conduct disturbing to others.
4. Public performances of copyrighted material such as music and movies usually require the permission of the copyright holder. The sponsoring organization is responsible for obtaining the required copyright permissions.
RESERVATIONS & SCHEDULING
1. Meeting space is available on a first come, first served basis. Online requests will be confirmed within 2 business days, whenever possible. For more expedient consideration, please phone 315-446-3578 or stop by the library.
2. Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance.
3. Double-booking (reserving multiple meeting rooms for the same date and time)is not permitted without prior approval from the Executive Director or designee. The Library will cancel all but one of these reservations without notice.
4. Community groups applying for the use of Library meeting rooms are responsible for communicating fully the scope of activities planned, including anticipated attendance and any
impact their event might have on Library operations.
5. Granting permission to use the Library meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Board of Trustees or the Library of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the rooms.
6. The Executive Director will use her/his discretion in rejecting applications for events that may result in disorder or damage to the Library or might attract attendance beyond legal limits.
7. If the organization is a youth group, an adult (over 18 years of age) affiliated with the organization must apply to reserve the room. There must be one adult representative for every 10 minors (under age 18) present during the entire event.
8. Any individual(s), group(s), or organization(s) wishing to use a library meeting room must register in advance. Please ask Library staff for assistance or register online at: www.CLDandJ.org. Group Meeting Rooms A & B may be used without a prior reservation, but walk-ins should be aware that those with reservations or library staff may ask people in unreserved rooms to relocate.
9. Groups are generally limited to one meeting room use per week; exceptions must be requested in advance with the Executive Director or designee. Maximum 3 hours per session.
10. Meeting room reservations are generally limited to regular Library operating hours and allowed up to 15 minutes prior to closing. The Community Room is currently available outside of library hours between 5p –9p on Fridays and Saturdays by arrangement with the Executive Director and with at least 3 weeks advanced notice. Other hours may be available depending on our ability to schedule support staff for the hours requested.
11. Groups must vacate their room at the end of their reserved time and may be interrupted if they do not do so.
12. Please check in/verify your reservation with Library staff upon arrival.
FEES & CHARGES
1. Donations, “admission” fees, “membership” fees, fundraising activities, and sale of merchandise or other items is permitted only by non-profit groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities and only to defray the expenses of the program. Such charges shall not serve as a fee for attendance and attendance may not be limited to those individuals who pay such a fee. The Library will not be responsible for collecting such
charges or paying tax thereon. The Library Board of Trustees or its designee must approve all such fees and fundraising activities and sales in advance.
2. The Library may charge a fee for damage to library facilities and/or property.
3. The Library may not be used for soliciting contributions for any group or individual (except in the case of the Friends of the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville). No services may be advertised or sold in the Library except to benefit the Library or the Friends of the Library. Solicitation is not allowed in the Library.
4. Authors and performers invited or permitted to appear at the Library wishing to sell their own authored books, tapes, compact discs, or other materials directly related to the presentation, may do so with advanced notice.
CANCELLATION / CHANGES
1. Cancellations may be made by calling 315-446-3578 during Library hours. The Library prefers at least 48hours advance notice of cancellations.
2. Occasionally, it may be necessary for the Library to change or cancel meeting room reservations. If changes or cancellations are necessary, the Library will provide the affected group with as much notice as possible.
3. The Library reserves the right to re-assign or move groups to a room other than the one requested.
4.If the Library needs to close because of a facilities or weather-related emergency, every
effort will be made to notify affected groups scheduled to use a meeting room. During adverse weather conditions, individuals/groups should check with the Library by calling 315-446-3578 or local media for closing information.
5. The Library reserves the right to re-assign a meeting room should a reserved party arrive more than 20 minutes after their scheduled time without prior notification.
CARE & USE OF LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS
1. Activities may not undermine the safety of the building and its contents, nor the health and well-being of those who use the premises. Failure to meet this requirement may result in cancellation of the meeting and shall be grounds for denial of future use of the Library meeting space.
2. Library personnel will have access to the meeting rooms at all times without prior notice.
Library personnel will not be available to:
a.move or distribute equipment or materials brought by the organization, nor to set up a meeting room.
b.operate the group’s audio-visual equipment; photocopy, fax, or scan; accept or make phone calls or take messages for the sponsoring organization or its participants; or, contact attendees by e-mail, phone, or other methods at the request of the organization.
3. Smoking and open flames are prohibited throughout the Library building.
4. No alcohol may be served.
5. Gambling is prohibited.
6. Groups may not store personal items in the Community Room kitchenette.
7. Food/beverage delivery is not permitted except through catering services provided by the library café.
8. Groups are responsible for clean-up. Room(s) should be left in the same condition in which they were found.
9. If a room has not been cleaned up to the satisfaction of the Library, the Library reserves the right to suspend a group’s or individual’s future use of Library meeting rooms and/or a fee (or charge) may be levied.
10. No furniture may be brought into a meeting space from other parts of the Library without permission.
11. The Library does not provide storage space for groups or individuals using the meeting rooms.
12. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items, or items left in the meeting room.
PROVISIONS EXPRESS CATERING
1. Provisions Express, the café in the Library’s Lobby, offers catering for group meetings in the library’s meeting rooms. Please refer to the catering menu available in the library meeting roomsor ask at the Provisions Express café.
1. No publicity of any meeting or event in the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville may be released until the reservation has been confirmed by the Executive Director or designee in writing.
2. The Library reserves the right to publicize any or all programs. However, this right does not obligate the Library to publicize an event or provide publicity for a group requesting the use of the meeting rooms.
3. Meetings or events held in the Library may not be publicized in a manner that suggests Library sponsorship or affiliation.
4. Groups and organizations may not use the name, telephone number, or address of the Library for the official address or headquarters of their organization. Banners, literature, photographs, or signage may not be placed anywhere in the Library without the Executive Director’s permission.
5. All publicity for meetings and events held at the Library must state that attendees are required to pre-register for events to avoid attendance in excess of room capacity.
6. All publicity not sponsored by the Library or the Friends of the Library must include the following phrase as a disclaimer: “This program is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with the
Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville.”
7. All press releases and other publicity items mentioning the Library must be approved in advance by the Executive Director or designee in writing. Requests for approval should be submitted no less than one week in advance of publication, posting, or distribution.
Violation of these policies and procedures may result in denial of future access to Library meeting rooms. These policies are subject to change by the Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville at any time, without prior notice. Current copies of these policies are available at the Information Desk or on the Library website: www.CLDandJ.org
Please inquire in advance about these and with any questions you have about room features and A/V.